Frequently Asked Questions
Here is a selection of frequently asked questions which cover most aspects of our service and delivery. If you wish to discuss something specific, please email email@example.com and a member of our team will be in touch within 48 hours.
Q: Where can I see your prices?
- To view prices, you will need to Create an Account and wait for this to be approved by a member of our team. A member of our team may contact you by telephone or email to discuss your application and request further details on your business.
Q: Why do you show RRP on all your products?
- We show the RRP to give you a rough idea of the sort of price you could potentially sell your item for. However, this price isn't set in stone and as you are in control of your own prices, you can set your own RRP to be higher or lower. The price then affects the profit you could potentially make, but we recommend you take our RRP as a guide and set your prices according to the business model you want to follow.
Q: Do you have a minimum order?
- Not really. From the 1st July 2020 we now sell products in smaller pack sizes or individually. Our Art Canvasses are sold individually, as they're quite large (over 1 metre!) - some of our smaller items are sold in packs of 3 or 4, because it's easier to send you a box of items rather than a single A4 art print for example.
Q: How much is shipping?
- We charge a flat rate shipping fee of £6.95 for all orders to UK Mainland addresses.
- If your cart total reaches £250 ex. VAT and delivery - you will receive FREE standard delivery automatically.
Q: What do we do about breakages or damaged items?
- We sell giftware, so it is inevitable that the odd piece of merchandise can get broken in transit. If this happens please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- IMPORTANT! You must notify us of damages/faulty items within 24 hours of signing for your delivery. When you sign for delivery, you are accepting that the courier has delivered the items safely without any obvious damage. We allow you an additional 24 hours from that moment, to inspect items more closely and identify any obvious breakages or faults. **Refunds and exchanges are at the discretion of the management.
Q: Are the products displayed on your website in stock?
- As we are constantly manufacturing products, not all items are available immediately. When you place an order, we will email you an estimated time for dispatch and delivery. In some instances, we will manufacture the products to fulfil your order. For example. if you were to order 30 wall clocks, we may only have 15 available immediately. In this instance, you would receive an email from our team, explaining that we are going to manufacturer the remaining items on your order before delivery and delivery may be delayed by a couple of days.
Q: What methods of payment do you accept?
- We accept all major credit and debit cards. We also accept BACs bank transfer and PayPal payments, as well as PayPal Invoices. Unfortunately, we can no longer process cheques, as this incurs additional fees.
Q: Is my payment secure?
- Yes, our website uses SSL (Secure Socket Layer) and PCI compliant online card processors, such as PayPal or WorldPay to complete transactions and process important transactional data.
Q: Can I print my invoices?
- Yes, simply by logging in to your My Account area, you will be able to see all of your previous transactions and download them from there. If you encounter any difficulties, simply email email@example.com
Q: Surely all of your products are already on eBay or Amazon?
- No. At Staxton Hill we offer products to independent retail shops and websites or family operated department stores. We do not sell our products via 3rd party websites and we do not compete with our customers for any products in our range. You are free to charge retail price that you feel is suitable for your geographic location or customer offering. Our RRP (Recommended Retail Price) is always a good guide and allows for you to have enough profit margin for things like rent, VAT or wages.
Q: Why is my order showing as 'Cancelled' or 'On Hold'?
- If your order is showing as 'Cancelled' or 'On Hold' then there has been an issue with your credit/debit card payment. A member of our team will send you an email within 24 hours, detailing the issues and your order will remain Cancelled or On Hold for up to 30 days. If we do not receive any contact or you are unable to satisfactorily answer any verification questions, your order will be permanently removed and your account will be locked for security reasons. We take fraud prevention and security very seriously at Humber Distribution Limited t/a Staxton Hill and full payment is required before we prepare any orders for dispatch. Prior to dispatching your order, we will also verify the delivery address against either the Companies House database (for a Limited Company) or by checking that the address linked to your card is the same as the delivery address. If both or either of these details are correct, we will dispatch your order. If both or either of these details are showing as mismatched or false, your order will be placed on hold until we can speak with you.
Q: Can I buy on credit or buy on sale or return?
- Unfortunately, we do not supply retail shops on a sale or returns basis. We also do not offer any form of credit or loan toward your purchases. All invoices are to be paid in full, before we ship the items from our warehouse. No orders will leave our warehouse until we have proof that payment has been made from our banking or credit/debit card providers.